Dotting the map of India there are a number of beautiful towers that are worth checking out for tourists. Some of them are historical ones, some modern day constructions, and each one was built for a different purpose. There are TV towers, clock towers, temple towers, historical minars (towers), watchtowers, light houses, commercial and residential buildings. The following is a list of the top 45 towers of India.
1. INS Kattabomman (Height: 471 m; Year: 2013; Structure Type: Guyed Mast; Place: Tirunelvali, Tamil Nadu; Famous for: Tallest military structure in the world)
2. Rameswaram TV Tower (Height: 323 m; Year: 1995; Structure Type: Concrete and Lattice; Place: Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu; Famous for: It is the tallest structure in India)
3. Fazilka TV Tower (Height: 305 m; Year: 2007; Structure Type: Lattice Tower; Place: Fazilka, Punjab; Famous for: Second tallest man-made structure in India)
4. O. P. Jindal Knowledge Centre (Height: 282 m; Year: 2009; Structure type: Steel; Place: Hisar, Haryana; Famous for: Tallest of its kind in Asia and the second tallest steel tower in the world)
5. The 42 (Height: 268 m; Year: 2017; Structure type: Residential building; Place: Kolkata, West Bengal; Famous for: The 42 is Kolkata’s and India’s tallest residential building)